[ntp:hackers] Man page generation and maintanence

Bruce Korb Bruce.Korb at gmail.com
Mon May 28 11:41:19 PDT 2007

Hi Harlan,

Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> P.S. Harlan-
>>
>> -bash-3.00$ history |tail -5
>>    13  rm -rf *pre1
>>    14  tar -xzf a*z
>>    15  cd *pre1
>>    16  ./configure --prefix=$HOME && gmake
>>
>> Yields:
>>
>> [[... mucho stuff and then: ...]]
>>
>> /usr/local/gnu/include/libguile/smob.h:60: warning: function declaration isn'
>> t a prototype
>> [[... more compiler warnings...]]
>
> We have guile 1.6.5 installed on pogo - is that sufficient?  Should I
> reinstall it (which I can do later today)?

Upon closer inspection, it could be that the  problem is that
Guile 1.6.x just has sloppy headers.  In Guile, you have to be
excruciatingly correct with the argument types you pass around,
but the C code for the library itself is exceedingly sloppy
WRT types.  Go figure.  I think 1.8 fixed a lot of that though.
I should retry toning down the strictness for Guile 1.6.

Thanks - Bruce