[ntp:hackers] Man page generation and maintanence

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Wed May 30 07:47:58 PDT 2007

Wow. While I am glad that it is working and I can start on
updating, does it strike anybody else as broken that doing
a make in the build directory would change a file in the
repro that is checked in? Ouch.

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Brian,
>
>> I tried building the man pages on pogo and I keep getting
>> an error that says "ambigous output redirect" and then
>> I get an alarm error that seems to be a general purpose
>> "this is taking too long" exception.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> I became you on pogo and went to ntp-dev/A.pogo and did a "make" - it
> regenerated ntpd.1 .
>
> Did you have a different problem?

blu

"When Congress started Daylight Savings Time earlier, did
they even consider what affect an extra hour of daylight
would have on global warming? Well, did they?"