[ntp:hackers] Bugzilla questions

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Apr 8 02:56:02 UTC 2008

Martin,

> there are currently a number of bugzilla issues which have been fixed in
> ntp-dev but should also be backported to ntp-stable.

Then arguably, whoever fixed them should have fixed them in *both*
-stable and -dev.

> Since those issues have been fixed in ntp-dev those issues are already
> marked "resolved fixed" or "resolved verified" in bugzilla.

This tells me the developer intended to fix them in -dev only, knowing
they would be included in the 4.2.6 release.

> What would be the best way to mark them for being included into the
> next point release of ntp-stable, so that they will really be included
> and are not dropped unintentionally?

They won't be dropped, they'll just show up in 4.2.6.

> Reopen the bug?
> Mark the bug as "Blocking 4.2.4" though it's already resolved?
> What else?

If you think  it is important enough to fix these bugs in -stable
instead of waiting for 4.2.6, then

- reopen the bug
- mark the bug as "*requesting* blocking 4.2.4"

And I would rather see us making progress toward getting the 4.2.6
blockers handled so we don't need to backport these bugs to -stable.