[ntp:hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p163 Released

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Wed Apr 22 16:49:20 UTC 2009

Okay, I see from the 164 announcement that the parse and true clocks
are disabled. That would be a show stopper for me, so I guess I'll
stick with 161. Thanks anyway.

Brian Utterback wrote:
> I see that p164 has now been released. I am in the final approach to
> integrating NTP into OpenSolaris. I have been working with p161 and
> have been reluctant to update past that due to the pps_sample issues.
> Obviously I can't integrate something that cannot compile.
>
> So, question one, has this been resolved in p164? I know Dave Hart
> provided fixes to get the compile to work again, but do all of the
> refclocks work?
>
> Question two. I know that Dave did some work on the PPS stuff. Does
> anybody have p164 running with PPS on a Solaris system, preferably 10
> or OpenSolaris. Perhaps something in the flock?
>
> I would really like to get the Orphan improvements before locking in,
> but I need to know if the sanity checking has already happened, at
> least on Solaris. I don't have a lot of leeway here.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> NTP Public Services Project wrote:
>> NTP Development Snapshot 4.2.5p163 is now available for download.
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> * Build infrastructure updates.
>>
>> Tarball:
>>
>> http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.5p163.tar.gz
>> ftp://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.5p163.tar.gz
>>
>> MD5 sum:
>>
>> http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.5p163.tar.gz.md5
>> ftp://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-dev/ntp-dev-4.2.5p163.tar.gz.md5
>>
>> Complete ChangeLog:
>>
>> http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ChangeLog-dev
>> ftp://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ChangeLog-dev
>>
>> Please report any bugs, issues, or desired enhancements at
>> http://bugs.ntp.org/.

blu

"You would think that spies would have to be light sleepers, but
that isn't true. For instance, James Bond once slept through an
earthquake. That's right, he was shaken but not stirred."