[ntp:hackers] Protocol specification modification for MS-SNTP

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Thu Jul 9 19:16:32 UTC 2009

Folks,

I just wanted to mention that from my POV this discusison seems to point
out that:

- ntp needs to be robust and support a bunch of things.
- different people will want to disable/enable various non-default
  'configure' choices to meet their local policy needs.

Assuming the above is true, it means:

- we need to be sure that NTP *can* handle the needs of as much of its
  userbase as possible
- we must strive to make implementing these non-default 'configure'
  choices as clear and painless as possible

and what we are discussing are the pros/cons (or costs/benefits) of the
various default choices we offer in 'configure' (and sometimes the
ntp.conf file).