[ntp:hackers] 'build' script change in 4.2.5p194

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Sun Jul 26 02:25:21 UTC 2009

Folks,

Tonight's upcoming release of ntp-dev, 4.2.5p194, includes a change to
the way we create the A.`config.guess` subdirs.

This change should only affect Linux folks.

Instead of calling config.guess, we're now calling a script that really
returns CPU-VENDOR-OS.

The script currently handles several distros, and I am pretty clear it
does not handle them all.

If you have a platform that is not handled, please see what you can do
to have scripts/cvo.sh return something useful for your distribution and
send me the patch (bugzilla report is best).

Thanks...

--
Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
http://ntpforum.isc.org  - be a member!