[ntp:hackers] unconfigure

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.org
Sun Jun 7 03:54:32 UTC 2009

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Danny wrote:
>> Harlan Stenn wrote:
>>> Now to figure out how to specify the associd to the command, as I'd
>>> rather not create a new command for that (like "unassoc").
>> I disagree with this one. Everyone knows how to get the address. associd
>> is a much harder proposition and I'm not sure how it would really be
>> different in any useful way from ip address.
>
> Think down the road when folks have multiple IPv6 addresses associated
> with a hostname, and they want to unconfig one of them.

You specify the IP address. This is true today of names. It has nothing
to do with IPv6. Just think of the pool. I don't understand the issue
you have here. If you are thinking about the autoconfigured link-local
IPv6 addresses, there's still no problem since you just specify the IPv6
address.

Danny

believed to be clean.