[ntp:hackers] unconfigure

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Jun 9 03:14:49 UTC 2009

Dave,

> You will need to be very much more specific before you start making
> changes to the monitorin and event reporting code. I've sweat blood and
> tears building the current event reporting, monitoring, and error and
> status code documentation. If someone doesn't have intimate experience
> with running, monitoring  and debugging this puppy, it could be a sheer
> disaster.

I'm not talking about that code.  I mean the msyslog/debug stuff.

> I don't want the debug trace changed one little bit and I probably use
> it more than anybody.. The system log stuff is broken and in need of
> repair, even though there is a good deal of it. The problem is, if you
> don't throroughly understand what is going on, you cann't manufacture
> the masks correctly.

We will not be touching your 3 .c files.

If there is other debug trace info you want left alone, please identify
it.

You will also be able to watch our progress as we go, so if you like
what is being done you can either ask us to do similarly for your code
or DIY.

> I thought you were workking on a MIB interface, which is s througly
> miraculoous adventure.

That was Heiko's project.  We declared success, and I have heard pretty
much nothing from anybody about the code.