[ntp:hackers] Why are we going down this road? Question on listen-on, query-on, -I

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at sun.com
Wed May 27 13:02:58 UTC 2009

Can someone please explain to me why we even thinking about doing
these features? The reference code base is getting more and more
complex for very little gain. It appears that we are continually
increasing the layer violations for no better reason than "we can". I
can see having these layer violations for features like interleave
mode, because it furthers the NTP mission, to provide better time
synchronization. But all of these other changes do not do that at all.
   We should take a deep breath and think about whether or not this
trip is really necessary. Personally, I don't think it is.
--
blu

"The advertising giveth and the EULA taketh away."