[ntp:hackers] Blast Attach at USNO

Judah Levine Judah.Levine at Colorado.EDU
Sat Apr 10 20:48:17 UTC 2010

The busiest NIST servers receive about 8700 NTP requests per second, averaged over a day. All of the servers together receive about 45000 requests per second, again averaged over a day. I keep track of the addresses of only the most recent few seconds so that I don't know how many of these requests are from unique users. I use the probabilistic approach suggested by David Mills to detect problems. The totals given above are counts and not statistical estimates.

Judah Levine