[ntp:hackers] Anybody running ntp-dev on NetBSD 6.0_BETA2?

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Sun Jun 17 04:22:52 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> hart at ntp.org said:
>> sntp is the only consumer of libevent.  you might try sntp --wait <long list
>> of servers> to see if the libevent problem actually affects sntp, or is just
>> a make check nuisance.
>
> Thanks.
>
> It works for 10 servers.
>
>> fdleak creates a bunch of sockets (not sure how many a bunch are) to try to
>> detect socket leaking bugs in libevent.  Help fixing that test on NetBSD 6
>> is welcome.
>
> Does it need any command line arguments to run it stand alone?

I don't believe so, but it's run once per available libevent backend
by test.sh, so using that script is probably easiest.

> bob$ netstat -a -f inet
> Active Internet connections (including servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
> tcp        1      0  localhost.65529        localhost.65528        ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0  localhost.65528        localhost.65529        ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0  localhost.65529        *.*                    LISTEN
>
> Looks like the byte made it to the server but the server isn't reading it.
>
> I added a few printfs.  server_read_cb isn't getting called.

Which backend(s) does it fail with?  These are identified in all-caps
before each batch of test runs in "make check" or test.sh output, such
as SELECT, KEVENT, etc.  It may be productive to move discussion to
libevent-users at freehaven.net.

Thanks,
Dave Hart