[ntp:hackers] Question about USB3... anyone played with it?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 11 20:39:18 UTC 2013

tglassey at earthlink.net said:
> Any USB2 data channel should run faster than a USB1 channel; so just
> plugging a serial interface into a USB2 port should give you a much  better
> throughput - the question is the 1PPS capabilities.

For PPS, you are interested in latency rather than throughput.

The problem is that nobody makes any RS232-USB2 gizmos.  They are all USB 1.
If you plug a USB1 device into a USB2 port, it operates in a downgraded mode.

If anybody knows about RS232-USB2 devices, please let me/us know about them.
It would be an interesting experiment.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.