[ntp:hackers] Bug 2474 - Max servers not reached when many "noselect" servers defined

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Wed Sep 25 07:01:19 UTC 2013

Off the top of my head, I'm inclined to go the other way, and have
peer_associations only count peers that are not marked NOSELECT.

This way if somebody goes to the trouble of adding a ton of NOSELECT
servers they will not be counted, and if there is a problem with the
number of associations ntpd has spun up it will be because the OP asked
for it.

But I'm planning to talk to DLM about this next week anyway.