[ntp:hackers] Modern FreeBSD NTP Stratum 1 server?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Thu Dec 17 15:49:43 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 09:39, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 09:58:48PM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
>>> I run several S1 NTP servers on FreeBSD just fine.
>> What version of FreeBSD?
> 	10.2 and 10.1 work just fine.
>
>> Which refclocks are you using?
> 	Oncore & NMEA.  I can test with a Trimble receiver if it helps.
>
> 	--msa
I think I'll have to pick up one of the inexpensive Garmin LVD (with the
PPS signal, of course) receivers seeing as they're under $100 these
days; it's possible, I suppose, that my nearly 20 year old Furuno w/PPS
has gotten a bit flaky....

If others have good PPS service on FreeBSD 10.2 and NMEA the problem
might well be the hardware :)

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>