[ntp:hackers] NTP Release Candidate 4.2.8p1-RC1 Released

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 27 02:16:38 UTC 2015

gem at rellim.com said:
> I can not get the gpsdjson refclock to do anything.

Weird.  Works fine for me.

> Am I missing something obvious?
Not that I saw.

> Any debug hints?

My standard verbose setup in ntp.conf which has most of what I need for
glitch chasing:

logfile /var/log/ntp/ntpd.log
logconfig =syncall +clockall +peerall +sysall

That will put a lot of stuff into ntpd.log (more than I want in my syslog).

statsdir /var/log/ntp/
filegen clockstats type day link
filegen loopstats  type day link
filegen peerstats  type day link
filegen protostats type day link
filegen rawstats   type day link
filegen refstats   type day link
filegen sysstats   type day link

That will make one file of each type per day.  Details are in html/monopt.html

If you add:
  fudge  127.127.46.0 flag4 1
it will add a line to clockstats each polling interval.  The counters in
there should tell us where to look next.  Details should be in
html/drivers/driver46.html or ntpd/refclock_gpsdjson.c

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.