[ntp:hackers] sysadmin help needed

Harlan Stenn stenn at ntp.org
Tue Mar 24 04:33:34 UTC 2015

Folks,

To be clear, I'm talking about volunteers.  When NTF gets enouegh
funding to pay for staff, there will be paying positions for sysadmin
and other roles.  But there needs to be a reliable revenue stream for
that.

Regardless of whether or not you can help with sysadmin or NTP
development, you can certainly help to get NTF more funding so we can
hire staff to get the work done.

There's an IETF meeting this week.  I'm not going - no travel budget.
It costs about US$4k just to *attend* a meeting (travel, lodging,
meeting fees).  There are 3 meetings each year.  And that doesn't even
address the cost to pay somebody to attend the meetings or "do the work"
involved before and after each meeting.