[ntp:hackers] sysadmin help needed

Allen Zhong moeallenz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:44:12 UTC 2015

Harlan,

I can help on this. I don't know much about LDAP but okay with most
common Linux system managements. I may not have much time, usually
available for 10 hours per week.

ps, I'm at present working as a SA and manage couple of servers, not
having very regular time tables...

Regards,

于 2015/3/24 12:33, Harlan Stenn 写道:
> Folks,
>
> To be clear, I'm talking about volunteers.  When NTF gets enouegh
> funding to pay for staff, there will be paying positions for sysadmin
> and other roles.  But there needs to be a reliable revenue stream for
> that.
>
> Regardless of whether or not you can help with sysadmin or NTP
> development, you can certainly help to get NTF more funding so we can
> hire staff to get the work done.
>
> There's an IETF meeting this week.  I'm not going - no travel budget.
> It costs about US$4k just to *attend* a meeting (travel, lodging,
> meeting fees).  There are 3 meetings each year.  And that doesn't even
> address the cost to pay somebody to attend the meetings or "do the work"
> involved before and after each meeting.

> Harlan Stenn writes:
>> Folks,
>>
>> We need more sysadmin help in general.
>>
>> There is an immediate need for somebody who can put in an hour or two
>> with LDAP.  It's possible that some additional work will be needed after
>> this.
>>
>> Finding somebody who could lead the sysadmin team would also be really
>> helpful.
>>
>> If you or somebody you know can help out with any of this please let me
>> know.
>>
>> --
>> Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
>> http://networktimefoundation.org  - be a member!