[ntp:hackers] hackers] NTP Development Snapshot 4.3.27 Released

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 4 07:41:19 UTC 2015

> Two minor issues:
>
> 1 - Extra file in Windows port.  Is the 45 MB file - ntp.sdf in the
> Windows
> port actually necessary?  It increases the download size from ~6.5 MB to
> almost 23 MB.

No idea - I've asked Juergen about this.

> 2 - Two unexpected messages appear when running the "make install" step in
> Linux (both X86 and ARM):
>
> ( cd . && \
>         for i in `find html -type d | grep -v SCCS` ; \
>         do /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/share/doc/ntp/$i ; done )
> ( cd . && \
>         for i in `find html -type f | grep -v SCCS` ; \
>         do /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i /usr/local/share/doc/ntp/$i ;
> done )

Those two lines have changed slightly in content, but they shouldn't be
new.

I'm sure we can add something to the Makefile.am that would cause those
lines to be "silent" by default.  If you (or anybody else) wants this,
please open a bug report on it.

Thanks, Harlan, bug 2825 reported.

I expect the 45 MB file was left in error - I don't think it's needed.  Will
await Juergen's comments.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu