[time] good news and bad news

Tim Shoppa tshoppa
Thu Nov 6 16:47:56 UTC 2003

** Proprietary **

> A kiss-o-death ought to work, though.

Is that appropriate for the current offenders?  I
don't think so.

The whole idea behind pool.ntp.org was so that
ignorant end-users could set up a workable NTP
system without much thought or planning.  To say
that organization "x" (maybe "x" = lindenlabs)
didn't do their planning and thus cannot use our
(or my) server is to violate the premise of the
service.

We even go beyond requiring end-users to do any
tree-like hierarchy planning, because we've decided
ourselves that we aren't going to do any internal
such hierarchy.

Tim.