[time] good news and bad news

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder
Thu Nov 6 18:06:25 UTC 2003

On Thursday 06 November 2003 16:56, Paul-Andrew Joseph Miseiko wrote:
> find this particular conversation highly disturbing and irrelevant.

Agreed, if we are speaking of just a few computers that are misconfigured with
a low maxpoll value. True also that computers in a common network may well
use the pool (to answer a previous question: It does say on the
www.pool.ntp.org page to use a local timeserver if one is synchronizing a
whole network to the pool).

But I think every server operator needs to see this clearly enough: *if* there
is serious server abuse, there's not much anybody can do except complaining
to the offending ISP.

cheers
-- vbi

--