[time] Fachhochschule Dortmund

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder
Sat Nov 15 08:52:57 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 00:01, Chris Hastie wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've seen connections from 45 different clients in the same subnet this
> evening, all registered to Fachhochschule Dortmund. You'd think an
> educational establishment would no better wouldn't you. Time to drop
> them a line perhaps?

We're not the Internet Police. So I think unlkess the load is a problem (all
of AT&T syncing to the pool...) we shouldn't bother.

Perhaps wait a few weeks and see how this deveolps? Nobody will forbid you to
send them a note, of course, but I think you should first try to get data on
how much traffic actually is generated. These are 40 hosts - if I've
calculated correctly, and if they are using ntpd and have a decent connection
so those ntpd's will go up to 1024 poll interval, that load is much less than
10bytes per second.

cheers
-- vbi

--