[time] Re: Daily pool.ntp.org status report

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder
Wed Sep 1 09:38:24 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 07.39, Peter Hessler wrote:
> My server does not respond to ntpq requests.  However, it does respond to
> regular NTP requests.  I believe this is the cause of my
> 'unreachableness'.

Certainly not. Quite a few other timeservers don't handle ntpq requests.

I'm working on replacing the monitoring system by a simpler one, the present
one just doesn't scale - with the new system, I'll just send single ntp
client requests (I'll be using the Net::NTP perl module) and score based on
that. I hope this will solve the problem of good ntp servers being excluded
from the pool too often.

ETA: later this week, I hope, so please forgive me not investigating cases
like this at the moment.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Available for key signing in Z?rich and Basel, Switzerland
                    (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)