[time] Re: Daily pool.ntp.org status report

Peter Hessler phessler
Wed Sep 1 10:00:18 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:37:42 +0200
Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder at fortytwo.ch> wrote:

:I'm working on replacing the monitoring system by a simpler one, the
:present one just doesn't scale - with the new system, I'll just send single
:ntp client requests (I'll be using the Net::NTP perl module) and score
:based on that. I hope this will solve the problem of good ntp servers being
:excluded from the pool too often.
:
:ETA: later this week, I hope, so please forgive me not investigating cases
:like this at the moment.
:
:greetings
:-- vbi

After a quick look with Net::NTP, it looks like my server doesn't object to
that.  I'll keep a closer eye on my score, and I'll let you know if the new
monitoring system likes my server.  Thanks.

--
Using TSO is like kicking a dead whale down the beach.
		-- S. C. Johnson