[time] Stratum 0?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder
Sat Sep 11 21:21:44 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 19.55, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought there could be no "stratum 0" server, as a server
> synchronising directly to a time source was stratum 1. But
> 194.109.162.5, which is in the pool, reports as stratum 0.

IIRC stratum 0 is reported when the server is not synchronized. Right now,
the poll intervals of that server are at 512, so assuming a default
configuration, it would support the theory that the server was recently
restarted.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Death is only a state of mind.

Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.