[time] NTP server list for br.pool.ntp.org

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva gleydson
Thu Sep 16 14:48:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder at fortytwo.ch> escreveu em Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:20:15 +0200:

> On Thursday 16 September 2004 02.57, Gleydson Mazioli da Silva wrote:
> > Hi people,
> >
> > Here is a initial list of some level 2 and 3 machines that I've checked
> > that I'm sure that are maintained and their operational stat is OK on
> > Brasil to be added to pool server DNS list:
>
>  - for list additions, please contact me directly at
> <clockmaster at fortytwo.ch> - I want this to be a discussion list, and not
> force people to track all modifications of the pool

Ok, my mistake to send the message for a public list.

>  - wayne is right: I really need a statement that the operators of these
> servers have agreed that I can add the machines to the pool. It's ok for me
> if you act as a go-between if you recruit these servers - perhaps some of
> the admins don't speak english well and feel more comfortable in
> portuguese, but they *must* agree, even if they are operating a server that
> is declared free for public use.

I agree. Some of these machines I administer. I'll try to contact some admins of
other machines to check if they agree to server be public listed on pool and if they
agree with that (even forwarding the message for you for "archivement"). If no
problem with that, the address will be sent for you for addition :)

> (Yes, I should probably have said so, so sorry for not doing so. So far, the
> project has been all about people offering their own servers, so the
> question never really came up before.)

Ok, seens a good thing to consult the admin before doing something else. If
they have a really slow link is one reason to refuse the address to be public
published (maybe a internal politic also).

Thanks!

Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
gleydson at debian.org
gleydson at cipsga.org.br

Fortune:

A fe remove montanhas. A dinamite entao, nem se fala !