[time] security issues with open port 123/udp?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder
Wed Sep 29 21:27:32 UTC 2004

>restrict default noquery

Two things:
 - the amount of information available is, imho, quite limited - basically
the OS/kernel version and the ntpd version, IIRC.
 - I, and many other people, like to see what upstream time servers a time
source has configured to judge reliability. I do not require this for
membership in the pool, but it also helps me debug problems when the pool
monitoring system marks a server unreachable but I can still reach it.

regards
-- vbi

--
Could this mail be a fake? (Answer: No! - http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)