[time] originator timestamp 1947?

J.A.C.M. Jos van de Ven jvdven
Tue Feb 6 23:12:30 UTC 2007

> It might be the case that you don't want to be in the global pool,
> but only in the ones for your country and/or continent.

It is not a problem (yet). I can handle it. I am just trying to analyze
things (my way of course and not being an NTP expert) ;-)
I also can set my upload lower on the server manage pages.

I read some lines on http://www.pool.ntp.org/join.html and I quote:

Currently most servers get about 5-10 NTP packets per second with spikes a
couple of times a day of 25-40 packets per second. This is roughly
equivalent to 10-20Kbit/sec with spikes of 30-50Kbit/sec. The project
steadily acquires more timeservers, so the load should not increase
dramatically for each server. It was going up for a while, but the last few
months (as of September 2005) it has actually been going down.

That information is a little bit old I realize now ;-)

Also on Wayne's script pages he was talking about dump files of 256 KB. Mine
is right now 3707 KB.

We will see what happens in the near future.

Jos