[time] Sydney

David J Taylor david-taylor
Thu Feb 8 07:46:42 UTC 2007

Ori Ashman wrote:
> Hi
>
> Am using the pool.ntp.org as my server, yet the time it is giving is
> simply incorrect.  You are 1 hour behind for Sydney time.  I suppose
> this is because of Daylight Savings.
> How can I repair this?
>
> Thanks

Ori,

NTP internally uses UTC for the time, as do Windows, Linux, UNIX etc.

You need to set your PC to give the correct offset between UTC and the
displayed time, and in Windows you would do this with the Control Panel,
Date & Time application, in the Time Zone option.  Windows will be
responsible for handling any summer/winter switching.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  davidtaylor at writeme.com