[time] Turkish ISP using the pool

Rob Janssen rob
Tue Feb 20 09:21:51 UTC 2007

Ask Bj?rn Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone know which Turkish ISP it is that is using the pool in lots
> and lots of devices?
>
> We have one server operator in Turkey, I was going to ask him to
> contact them - but I don't know who they are yet.  :-)

I am not so sure if something has to be done about it...
Deutsche Telekom are doing the same thing, and while it causes an hour
of more
traffic than usual that is largely a fault of our own systems (not
providing dynamically
changing DNS data) rather then their decision to use the pool.
Their boxes are not making unreasonable amounts of queries.  And they
provide the
nice side-effect of sweeping the monlist so that inadvertently blocked
clients are removed
when you use rate limiting in ntpd.

Rob