[time] Turkish ISP using the pool

J.A.C.M. Jos van de Ven jvdven
Tue Feb 20 11:19:35 UTC 2007

inetnum:        88.245.0.0 - 88.245.255.255
netname:        TurkTelekom
descr:          TT ADSL-NEC dynamic_aci
country:        tr
admin-c:        TTBA1-RIPE
tech-c:         TTBA1-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:         as9121-mnt
source:         RIPE # Filtered

role:           TT Administrative Contact Role
address:        Turk Telekom
address:        Bilisim Aglari Dairesi
address:        Aydinlikevler
address:        06103 ANKARA
phone:          +90 312 313 1950
fax-no:         +90 312 313 1949
e-mail:         abuse at ttnet.net.tr
admin-c:        BADB3-RIPE
tech-c:         ZA66-RIPE
tech-c:         ZA196-RIPE
tech-c:         LA109-RIPE
tech-c:         NO638-RIPE
tech-c:         SO351-RIPE
nic-hdl:        TTBA1-RIPE
mnt-by:         AS9121-MNT
source:         RIPE # Filtered

I think they are using European pool addresses, because as an experiment I
put my server temporarily out of global pool, but still get their queries.
I am not an authority on this subject (just a volunteer with questions), but
maybe it is interesting to know how this ISP has set things up. FI, do they
supply the time server via DHCP lease to their clients? Or maybe it are
their routers that do a query? And why do they come and go so fast?

Jos van de Ven