[time] pool system outage

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask
Sun Feb 25 07:35:47 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

The pool system will have an outage of a couple of hours starting in
about 30 minutes.  They are shutting down the power in the building
it's in to replace one of the main feeder lines (or a grounding
cable; I honestly couldn't figure it out).   Tens of millions of
dollars of equipment turned off to replace a $20 piece of metal and
plastic.  :-)

	http://log.perl.org/2007/02/planned_power_o.html

In the future we'll have the system more redundant, but it's not yet ...

If you have a well connected box - preferably in Europe - I can use
as the fail-over system in the future, please let me know at
ask at develooper.com (beware of the reply-to header on this mail).
(Preferably with root access and RHEL5 - I can provide the license
for that).

  - ask