[time] GPS or CDMA Time servers

brandon at blwest.com brandon
Tue Apr 1 18:05:26 UTC 2008

Greetings,

I recently discovered the NTP pool and promptly added my Debian box to the
pool. I have one fairly simple question that will most likely result in a
not so simple answer.

Are there any affordable GPS/CDMA time servers that are affordable yet not
completely home brew?

I contacted Meinberg and received a quote for a LANTIME/M300/GPS.
Unfortunately, this unit is WAY out of my price range. Any ideas would be
appreciated. I've searched the web for quite awhile and most solutions
seem to be corporate in nature. Doesn't anyone make a USB or Serial
receiver that you can integrate with ntpd in Linux?

Thanks,

Brandon West