[time] GPS or CDMA Time servers

Chris Kuethe chris.kuethe
Wed Apr 2 00:58:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Brandon West <brandon at blwest.com> wrote:
> I wanted to thank everyone who responded, I really appreciate the
>  warmness and how welcome I feel being part of the pool. I think that
>  Soekris box is a little more home brew than I'd really like to go. It
>  looks like an excellent project. For now I have a Tyan 1U server with
>  both serial ports and USB and I intend to employ that for the time
>  being. I did find something really cool though, if I wanted to move to
>  a low power dedicated box.

The soekris works really well, actually. Mine stays within a few usec
of "on time" - stupid pee-cee architecture.

I wish that I could get a nice PCI gps card... with PPS. I know about
the one from Commel/Liantec, but it doesn't do PPS.

>  http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/index.jsp

That looks a lot like the brains of a symmetricom... i'm not keen on
having a fan in there.

>  AFAIK it lacks a serial port. I wonder if that would be detrimental to
>  combining it with a GPS-18LVC?

RTFM says there is a com port header on the board. They just didn't
bring it out on a DB9

CK