[time] GPS or CDMA Time servers

Brandon West brandon
Wed Apr 2 00:28:55 UTC 2008

Chris,

I forgot to mention that I'm in the USA. I like some of the heol
design products, but I couldn't find pricing. I'm leaning towards the
Garmin GPS unit. I think I asked this already, but can this be
connected via USB or is it only a serial device?

I really appreciate all the good ideas coming in at a reasonable price.

I also agree with you. I work for a large company and we have loads of
Linux servers, workstations and other devices that I run. I do see the
market and vendors in general not liking Linux at all. They know that
generally Linux admins are knowledgeable and they cannot sell us
something we don't really need.

I've also noticed that our business would rather buy something rather
than spend labor on the same task. Instead of having me setup a Linux
NTP server, they opted to buy my yearly salary's worth of NTP
equipment from a big vendor. I guess it's a tax thing here in the US--
they can't write me off like they can capital.

Anyways, I'll keep everyone updated as to what I decide to do!

Brandon