[time] GPS Time Server Survey

Ryan Malayter malayter
Thu Apr 24 21:14:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Kipton Moravec <kip at kdream.com> wrote:
> I guess a cheap Stratum 1 Time server is of no interest. Everyone wants
> what is on the >$1000 servers. If you folks do not understand, then I
> will never be able to sell it to less educated folk. That is what I
> needed to know.

A Cheap stratum-1 would be of interest to a few, inlcuding my company.
But typically a big company with timing needs will spend big money on
a set of Meinberg rackmount boxes without batting an eye, and your
typical small business doesn't have tight appication timing
requirements except for in a few vertical markets.

Time hobbyists, like many of the folk here, would much rather build
their own. Not becuase it is cheaper, but because it is a hobby. ;-)

--
RPM