[time] List of servers to sync to (was: GPS Time Server Survey)

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask
Fri Apr 25 02:36:50 UTC 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 1:50 PM, der Mouse wrote:

> Well, as I said, that's not what I had in mind.  But if it were, I'd
> ask ask if there were some way I could get the current pool list,
> either pulled periodically or pushed when changes occur, for
> filtering.

One of my long-term plans is to add to the pool a way to mark your
server as "available for syncing from other pool members" and then
auto-generate configuration for new members of the pool so they can
get started easily.

The big missing piece is that I need to make a second scoring
algorithm to track very long-term performance of the servers to be
used like that.

  - ask