[time] GPS Time Server Survey

Andy Gryc andy
Sat Apr 26 15:33:21 UTC 2008

In case you're interested, our company Airchitex makes a product that
sounds similar to your query.  It is specifically designed for "offline"
or completely behind firewall use
(http://www.airchitex.com/cuckoo.html).  Ours lists for $899, and uses a
Garmin chipset internally.

The target market is small installations who can't afford the "big guns"
but still need accurate time and don't want to use other NTP servers to
get their time.  And of course it goes without saying that they're also
people who don't want to spend a lot of time and effort in creating
their own setup--it's a "plug and play" time server.  Speaking from our
experience, this market is rather small.  Maybe it's just our bad
marketing :-), but we sell maybe one unit a month if we're lucky.

--Andy Gryc
President, Airchitex