[Pool] Pool, time, DNSSEC and startup catch-22

Phil Pennock ntp-pool-phil at spodhuis.org
Tue May 28 23:55:18 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-28 at 18:31 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> > Because time was so far off, I couldn't resolve the hostnames needed
> > to get the IP addresses to sync against.
>
> Surely the right thing to do here is to not try to enable any
> facilities which depend on the time being right until the time is known
> to be right?

So, rewrite the init / boot management for the router OS to have
stronger dependency management and generate dual-configs with cut-over
for Unbound so that I can provide some DNS to the DHCP clients until
time fixes?

Yeah, that's probably the *right* fix, but frankly the time investment
requirement on my part means I can write a simple script to manage
config / DNS files but not redo all of the service management for the
OS.

-Phil