[Pool] New participant, big question

Anthony Papillion anthony at cajuntechie.org
Sun Feb 9 01:35:11 UTC 2014

I've just joined the pool with the time.cajuntechie.org server and have
a question about the recent amplification attacks I've read about. While
I've done nothing special to protect my server from this attack, I'm
wondering if the default configuration is enough.

To test my server, I went to another computer outside of the network and
did a 'host time.cajuntechie.org' in ntpdc. I then issued a few commands
like monlist, peers, etc and I got a timeout every single time. Does
this mean my server is safe from the amplification attack or do I need
to do more?

I'm completely new to ntp so please be gentle with me lol.

Thanks,
Anthony