[Pool] DDoS Type Attack

Nyamul Hassan nyamul at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 19:58:31 UTC 2014

Good point, Clay Fiske.  Is there a realistic estimate to how many packets
/ sec a legitimate remote is allowed?

Suppose, if we can agree on numbers like:
Less than 100 packets each min
+ Less than 300 packets in 10 mins
+ Less than 500 packets in 1 hour

These tiered rules can be some indicator of "misbehaving" clients, and we
can put checks in place.

Regards
HASSAN