[Pool] DDoS Type Attack

Nyamul Hassan nyamul at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:13:51 UTC 2014

> >Strange.  Usually, when I do "reply all" in other mailing lists, it always
> >goes to the mailing list, and not the original sender.  But, in this list,
> >it answers with the sender in "To", and the list as "Cc".
>
> No, "Reply All" means "send the reply to every entity mentioned in the
> original 'to' header set together with the 'reply-to' header".  Some lists
> force the "reply-to" header to the list, others force it to the original
> sender.
>
> If you wish to control where your reply goes, you need to observe what the
> list settings are and edit your reply message accordingly.

Your explanation seems to indicate that the list configuration is
incorrect.  This is the NTP Pool list.  So, any replies sent on this list
should automatically be sent to the list, not to the sender.

We can certainly edit the "to" and "cc" when we reply, but doing that for
every email (or even keep track of which list I am replying to) is a bit of
an unnecessary task, especially when this should be fixed at the
configuration of the list.  Perhaps the list admins can help?

Regards
HASSAN