[Pool] DDoS Type Attack

Andreas Krüger timekeeper at famsik.de
Mon Feb 17 20:02:35 UTC 2014

>> Yes, we could.  But, some people on this list believe that
>> "noquery" also restricts certain use cases, which as "Pool Servers"
>> we should be able to accommodate.  What do you think?

I don't think anybody legitimately needs the answers to queries.  Some
people here think allowing query breaks users' data privacy.  So do I.

No server has any business telling anonymous third parties who is
using that server.

> Use noquery, unless you are running 4.2.7p26 or later.

No: Use noquery.  What ntpd version you are running makes no
difference.

Regards, Andreas