[Pool] Score is drop in cycles

Timothy Oefelein ntppool at arpage.org
Thu Feb 20 20:21:36 UTC 2014

Maybe I've missed something in this thread, but if they're trying to add
a server to the pool shouldn't they be obtaining time from outside the pool?

I picked my parent servers off the lists from the ntp.org website, at
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome  It took a few days of
experimentation to find the most reliable ones with low round-trip
times, a process I've repeated whenever I've changed internet service
providers, but outside of such changes it's generally "set it and forget
it".  Just monitor them periodically after the initial setup to make
sure they're still answering queries and you should be good to go.

One of the these days I'd like to get the hardware to run my own Stratum
1 server, which would make the whole finding peers process moot. :)

Tim