[Pool] defending against DDoS attacks

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Sat Feb 22 09:32:30 UTC 2014

* Brian Rak <brak at constant.com>:

> So far, I've seen this exact situation play out multiple times.
> Someone says 'What iptables rules do I need?' or 'I came up with
> these iptables rules', and it turns out they still have monlist
> enabled.  These problems tend to go away when you disable monlist
> (unless you're actually the target of an attack)

Are other commands not also amplifiers (to a somewhat lesser degree):
http://lutz.donnerhacke.de/Blog/NTP-Angriffe-mit-weiteren-Kommandos

(german, he's mentioning  listpeers, peers and dmpeers=
--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin