[Pool] Where can I get stats?

Matt Wagner mwaggy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:10:26 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Anthony Papillion
<anthony at cajuntechie.org>wrote:

> Is there a place where pool members can find out how many requests and
> clients they've served?

Check out ntpdc -c iostats for counts, too:

$ ntpdc -c iostats
time since reset:     4498723
receive buffers:      10
free receive buffers: 9
used receive buffers: 0
low water refills:    1
dropped packets:      1203893
ignored packets:      0
received packets:     1262084767
packets sent:         906785822
packets not sent:     603
interrupts handled:   1199876158
received by int:      1199876158

I mostly pay attention only to time since reset, received packets, and
packets sent. The large difference between received and sent in my case is
due to monlist queries and the like -- received, but not responded to.

In certain configurations (such as if you write statistics files), the
counters reported seem to get reset periodically. (I suspect they roll over
when the stats get written to disk.) By default they do not. They will, of
course, reset when ntpd is started.

-- Matt