[Pool] Monitoring says my server is unreachable

Marek Podmaka marki at marki-online.net
Wed Feb 26 12:15:14 UTC 2014

Hello,

Today I have received report from pool that it cannot connect to my
IPv4 server (IPv6 on the same server works OK). I guess monitoring is
in USA.
Also website http://keetweej.vanheusden.com/query_ntp.php says it
cannot connect. That appears to be in Netherlands.

My server (92.240.244.202) is working OK, queries from clients are
coming (about 20 packets/s currently) and NTP answering on them. I
have tested from my other server in Germany and from there it works. I
have also confirmed that entire subnet seems to be blocked from those
servers/countries. My direct connectivity provider says they don't
block it on their side.

Any ideas how to troubleshoot further? Can you test from other
coutries and report if can't get time from me? (monlist is blocked,
but for example ntpdate -q 92.240.244.202 should work). So it seems
like it is blocked somewhere in the transit.

--
  bYE, Marki