[Pool] Offset monitoring chart

Philip Gladstone philip at gladstonefamily.net
Fri Feb 28 14:07:56 UTC 2014

On 2/28/14, 12:44 AM, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2014, at 7:14 AM, Philip Gladstone <philip at gladstonefamily.net> wrote:
>
>> I sometimes get little red dots on my offset monitoring chart on the -2000 ms line. Are these placeholder for lost packets or are they really an indication of really bad time?
> Really crazy bad time; the chart is limited to show 2 seconds of “accuracy” so measurements that are worse doesn’t make the rest of the graph completely unreadable.
Ok. I understand now. It looks as though the server would respond when
the time wasn't known. It ought to say stratum 16, but maybe it doesn't.

> What system/software is this?
This is an embedded system made out of a GPS receiver and an ARM
development board. It will also be a PTP (IEEE1588) master. I'm hoping
to make the code (and parts list) available so that anybody can put one
together (for < $100)

Philip