[Pool] Trimble AcuTime2000

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 13:45:49 UTC 2016

Dear friends,

Does somebody on the list use Trimble AcuTime2000 GPS receiver as time
source?
Did some of you experienced lack of PPS signal on Sunday?

We have some six stratum1 servers with GPS reference. Two of them
(the Trimble ones) complained on 4th of September between 0:16-02:00 GMT
about missig PPS signal.
Their distance is 170 km.
Other stratum 1 servers of us was not involved in the accident.

So my colleagues guess the receivers themselves may have some firmware
problem.
This is I wonder how other similar configurations worked yesterday.

Cheers
Gabor

Gabor,

I didn't see any glitches on the (relatively modern) receivers I have here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_gps.php

I'm inclined to agree with Martin about a firmware/software bug.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk