[ntp:questions] PPSapi for Windows

Piotr Trojanek ptrojane at mion.elka.pw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 4 05:50:45 UTC 2003

Hi!

As I was playing last night with Windows2k DDK (driver developement kit),
I got crazy idea to implement PPSapi for this OS. There is original MS
serial port driver included in sample code, so it should be possible
to add PPS functionality, rebuild and install.

I don't know exactly what timer resolution is avaiable in kernel-mode,
but ability to timestamp edge of PPS signal in ISR should provide better
data, than timestamping time-packet in user-mode, as ie. driver 29
(which was avaiable in WinNT port) does.

What do you think about this? Does anybody need that? :)

--
Piotr Trojanek