[ntp:questions]ONCORE driver

Reynir Siik kch201n at no.spam.tninet.se
Thu Aug 7 20:39:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

I was wrestling with the Oncore a few year ago and found out that if I
connected the status pins on the 9-DB connector nothing worked. So be sure
to only have PPS, Rx, Tx and GND connected. And the use of an RS-232 level
converter is recomended.

Also the Oncore-driver makes a site survey of 10,000 3D samples. This
procedure takes at least 2h 46m 40s during wich no timing information is
used.

You can also try the command 'ntptime', look it up in the documentation.

Reynir Siik
Karlstad, Sweden

"Thomas Laus" <lausts at acm.org> skrev i meddelandet
news:3f3231ae.2345242 at news-server.woh.rr.com...
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:08:11 +0800, "Xuehuan Li" <libryant at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >in the ntpq, i try cl command, and it prints below where the 'noreply'
> >always equals to 'poll'-2.
> >status=0101 clk_noreply, last_clk_noreply,
> >device="Motorola Oncore GPS Receiver", timecode=, poll=948, noreply=946,
> >badformat=0, baddata=0, fudgetime1=0.000, stratum=0, refid=GPS, flags=4
> >
> Off hand it looks like the driver has not seen any data being sent from
your
> Oncore to your NTP computer.  The driver will print the model number of
the
> receiver in the 'device =' statement if it receives a reply to the setup
> commands.
>
> Set up all of the statistics gathering features in your ntp.conf file and
start
> ntpd with a few levels of debug.  Take a look at the clockstats file that
is
> generated and you will observe the comands and receiver reply sequences.
That